Kilmovee FRC is supporting the 16 days of action against domestic violence that runs from 25th November – 10th December.
There will be a display in the FRC adding one fact over the 16 Days.
What is the White Ribbon Campaign?
- the world’s largest male-led movement to end men’s violence against women;
- a non-profit organisation and Ireland’s only national, male-led primary prevention campaign to end men’s violence against women;
- an campaign seeking to change the attitudes and behaviours that lead to and perpetuate men’s violence against women, by engaging boys and men to lead social change.
Why engage men in White Ribbon?
- The violence perpetrated by men against women must stop and it is up to men to stop it.
- The victims are not merely statistics; they are wives, sisters, mothers, daughters and friends.
- The White Ribbon Campaign is about recognising the positive role that men play in preventing violence against women. It is a means for men to speak out against violence against women, and to safely and effectively challenge the attitudes and behaviours of a minority of men who use or condone violence against women.
- White Ribbon Ireland believes in the capacity of the individual to change and to encourage change in others. Our generation can and must work towards stopping violence against women so that all women can live in safety, free from violence and abuse.
- The prevention of violence against women will change society for the better.
Intimate partner violence is the most common type of violence against women, affecting 30 per cent of women worldwide, and Ireland is not immune.
[drivr id=”0B_o1q8phDZ5fdnk5b2NncW5LNjA” type=”application”]
Click to Download – Womens Aid Flier 2
Click to Download –Womens Aid Flier 3
Click to Download –Womens Aid Flier 4
[drivr id=”0B_o1q8phDZ5fNnRmeFBHb1Aydk0″ type=”application”]