Another fantastic week in Kilmovee at the 6th Annual Seosamh Mac Gabhann Summer School!
Feedback has been so positive, with everyone delighted with the week of classes and sessions and lots of comments on how much our pupils have developed in terms of their standard of music, song, dance agus Gaeilge.
This was only made possible by everyone who contributed to make the week such a huge success. We would like to thank everyone who supported the week in any way, including;
- Seosamh Mac Gabhann Summer School Committee (Michelle Jordan, Anne Marie Rooney, Geraldine Duffy, Angela Gordon, Bea Anna Smyth, Patricia Smyth and Fergal Smyth).
- The staff of Kilmovee Community Centre and the Kilmovee Family Resource Centre, in particular Sheila Hunt, the manager of the community centre and Adrienne Walker and Geraldine Duffy in the FRC for their great help and support with the Summer School.
- All our volunteers for the week who helped things run smoothly, including; Emily Rooney, Sandra Ganley, Malachy Egan, Chrissie Shiel, Sharon Shiel, Winnie Rushe and John Roddy.
- The Cois Tine Heritage Centre ladies for providing food for the Heritage Tour, Official Opening/Heritage Night and especially to Breege Moran for helping to feed the tutors for the week.
- Dominick Rooney for providing and operating the sound system for the week and to Anne Marie Rooney for running our events so efficiently as M.C.
- Photographers – Rupert Davis from Kilmovee Info and James Hunt, local press photographer for covering our events for the week.
- Tom Coppinger for capturing the Closing Concert on video.
- Pat Rushe for his help with the stage management for our events.
- James Reddiough, Peter Nyland, Paul Phillips and Paddy Joe Tighe for their contributions to making the Heritage Tour a huge success. Also, thanks to the South Mayo Family Research Centre in Ballinrobe for supplying the Hunt Family Tree.
- Mayo County Council for providing us with the Cumann na mBan Exhibition on display in the thatched cottage at the Community Centre.
- Local politicians – Senator John O’Mahony, Councillors John Caulfield, Tom Connolly, Gerry Murray, Minister Michael Ring and Dara Calleary T.D. for helping to secure funding for the week.
- Sponsors – Department of Arts, Heritage & Gaeltacht, Comhaltas, IMRO, Mayo County Council, Foras na Gaeilge, ETB, Music Generation, IPB Insurance and Fáilte Ireland.
- Local Sponsors – Towey’s Topaz, Kilmovee Bingo, Ballaghaderreen & District Credit Union, Durkin’s Bar, Restaurant & Accommodation, All Seasons Florists, Brian Mulligan, Padraig Mulligan, Kelly TV & Electrical, Imelda Towey, The Brusna Inn, The Fiddler’s Elbow, Tarpey’s of Kilkelly and Rushes’ Shop, Kilmovee.
- Fr. Vincent Sherlock for the lovely Irish Mass and his and Fr. John’s support in the Parish Newsletter. Also, thanks to the other local parishes that included us in their newsletters.
- The choir and musicians who contributed to the Irish Mass and Méabh Ní Chathasaigh for the reading ‘as Gaeilge’.
- Local press for their support advertising of the Summer School.
- Everybody else who contributed in any way in making the week such a huge success.
Finally, we would like to thank tutors, pupils and their parents for making this another exceptional week of music, song, dance agus Gaeilge.
We look forward to seeing you all back for the 7th annual Seosamh Mac Gabhann Summer School – July 2nd to July 7th 2017. Bígí linn!