Kilmovee Community Centre have a position available for an enthusiastic person as Sports Coordinator for 19.5 hours per week.
Weekend and evening work included. Applicants should fulfill Pobal CSP recruitment criteria.
Applications with CV by: Email to: email@example.com or by post to The Manager, Kilmovee Community Centre, Kilmovee, Co Mayo
Closing date for receipt of applications: 5pm Friday October 7th 2016.
Job Title: Sports Facilities Coordinator
Location: Kilmovee Community Centre/Social Houses
Overall purpose of the Job: To prepare for and assist with organising and running activities associated with The Astro Turf Pitch Facilities and coordinate Sporting Events at Kilmovee Community Centre and Kilmovee Community Housing Ltd
Reporting to: Project Manager
Working Hours: 19.5 hours per week. Due to the nature of the work evening and weekend work will be necessary. Any time worked over 19.5 hours will be given in TOIL. Time Management is important.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open and close the Astro Turf Pitch and Supervision of sessions if required
- Ensure the Astro Turf Pitch is maintained and report any item needing repair or replacement in line with Health & Safety requirements and regulations.
- Promote Astro Turf Pitch and manage bookings
- Organise classes and sporting activities in the Community Centre
- Liaise with service users and assist with running activities and events.
- Manage Astro Turf website bookings and social media
- To be available to open and close the Community Centre for night/weekend bookings
- Report to Manager and Committee on Regular Basis on Progress of Pitch and Events
- Contribute ideas to improve activities and operations
- Assist with conducting research and developing strategies
- To take on other responsibilities as reasonably requested by Manager, of Voluntary Board of Directors
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Sports & fitness or coaching qualification is necessary
- A First Aid Qualification would be beneficial
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working with the public
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
Legislation, Regulations and Good Practice
Be familiar with and ensure that you comply with legislation and regulations relating to Environmental Health, Health Safety and Welfare at Work.
- Safety; Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety
- First Aid
Member of Staff Team Responsibilities
- Regular attendance staff meetings as requested
- To be a member of the team engaging with the other members of staff working in the company.
- Ensuring that you respect the rights of clients, co workers, and volunteers.
- Working as part of a team, fostering good working relationships within the team
- Having a neat and tidy appearance.
- To communicate with all relevant personnel, frequently, in a straightforward, accurate and professional manner.
- To communicate frequently with the team members and clients as appropriate.
- You may not during the period of employment or at any time after the termination of employment disclose any confidential information in respect of the employer or information relating to the work or staff participating or working in the company.
This job description may be reviewed, updated and/or amended from time to time in line with the needs of the service and as required by Board of Directors and Management.